Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mrs. Luke-- "Phonecall From Your Dad"

I dreamed I was with my my old neighbors; Mrs. Luke, a tall elegant woman with a short metro haircut and her daughter Debbie. The Lukes lived across the street from my family from 1965 to 1980. In the dream they were at my house for some reason- or somewhere like my house. My kitchen window at least cause that's where I first saw them, outside my kitchen window. It was a sunny beautiful day. So Mrs. Luke approaches me and said 'You have a phonecall from your Dad!" I'm thinkin my fathers dead. Who was this crackpot on the other end of her cell trying to pass themselves off as my Dad? Christ.
S'wanyway I went to have a chat with them and as I said something to Debbie my sister whose her best and oldest friend shows up and interrupts me and looks at me as if I'm not even talking and says 'Oh yeah' like she's listenin, and then she turns to Debbie and says, 'oh Debbie, blah blah blah blah blah..' and so it goes.
So I turn to Debbie afterward- when the tornado left, and her Mom was there, and I turn mostly to Debbie and I say 'myyyyy sister is as Ruuude as they everrrr can get. Bev has done this all my life, time and time again. She interrupts any and all conversations I am ever in and she doesn't act like a good sister and hasn't for a long time and blah blah blah'...and so it goes....
So Debbie looks at me and says "I agree".
Then Mrs. Luke, with her hand out to me and a cell phone in it says, "You have a call. It's from your Dad." I'm like, "my Dad is DEAD!"

This morning when I woke up and started telling my husband the dream I realized that my Dad is dead but so isn't Mrs. Luke. So then I start crying. They were happy tears though. My husband thought they were sad tears caused from not taking the call. He even says, "honey, he'll call back!" Of course that led me to laugh.
I said 'honey? Those were not tears of sadness, they were tears of gladness because I haven't seen my Dad in a dream in a long time. Well I didn't see him but you know what I mean. See him inside of a dream.

Mrs. Luke looked good too! I've had 3 dreams about her ever since Debbie gave me some of her belongings.

No comments:

Post a Comment