Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Isaac A.

I do genealogy and it says on the Ellis Island records my ggrandfather Kasimierz traveled from Vilna Poland to live with his uncle L. Miller on Salem Street in Boston. He would later call for his wife and children. Salem Street was predominantly Jewish in 1905. But knowing about this Mueller/Miller would tell me something about my gg's mother Anna Mueller back in Poland pre 1900.
I have searched and searched for more info for this particular L. Miller in Boston. Then I found out that a guy I used to work with, Paul Solano, was also related to a Miller who came from Vilna to Boston. But his name was Isaac. I had a sneaking suspicion that my relative was also Isaac and the L may have looked like an I on the Ellis Island records.
So early this morning I was awoke by my cat right smack in the middle of a dream. It was of a round older man, slightly balded, standing in a kitchen pantry drying dishes or something, and he told me his name was
Isaac Alexander.

What a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment