Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Willie Nelson

I dreamed of getting on a bus with a bunch of people and heading to the concert stadium where Willie would be performing. It was early in the day and I sensed I was working with this group. When we arrived I was approaching Willie who was sitting at a little round table all by himself. He motioned for me to sit with him and I did. We talked for quite some time. This is the second dream of sitting and chatting with Willie prior to one of his performances. He leaned over the table and kissed me and then I reminded him that he had a loving wife. I don't think he cared, I think he was going to mess around at every concert anyway. In real life, I just don't think that's the case, I know Willie is a devoted guy--well nowadays he is. "To All The Girls I Loved Before" will surely paint a different colored past. Sometimes kissing is representative of words. Maybe I dreamed this because in my mind I know if I talk to Willie we will have one thing in common, a friend, Joe Clem. Joe Clem is a 35 year old viola player. He is one of Ray Price's players; or was. He died August 5. Joe was amazing. He befriended me and invited me to see Ray, Willie and Billy Bob a year ago. It was last August. See, Willie was originally a Cherokee Cowboy with Ray Price, they go back a long way. Now Joe was a Cherokee Cowboy, a great viola player who played like the old timers. Billy Bob and I compared notes on just how amazed we were at Joe, that at his age he could play like the original guys. Joe didn't grow up in our era, yet he embraced the music. He was special. Now he's gone.

So back to the dream. Willie and I talked. I told him how I forgot my pain killers and my makeup and not to mind me if I got nervous or if I looked weary after a few hours. We then decided to take a walk to the store, down a real nice shady quiet residential road; and when we went to the store Merle Haggard showed. Willie stepped out the back door on the steps and they chatted things up for a while. I shopped for a moment then I turned around to leave and Willie wasn't there. Did he walk back without me? I asked someone nearby, someone just outside the front door of the store if they happen to see Willie Nelson and if so which way did he go? So a lady pointed to a side street, there were 3 of them but she pointed to the one in the middle, and so there was Willie sitting and waitng for me, he and Merle.

We walked back to the show. I was worried he was going to be late for his set. He didn't seem to be too worried though.

No comments:

Post a Comment