Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mrs. Foley and Mr. Brine

I recently contacted a friend on facebook, Jinny, so only days later I dreamed of her mother, Mrs. Foley. Mrs. Foley passed away many years ago and I had only seen her once or twice prior to that, otherwise it's been since I was 13 or 14 since I had really known her. I grew up with her daughter Jinny. Mrs. Foley was a single Mom. She raised Jinny, Michael and Jackie. She was very nice, a real doll, having the Father come to her house to pray and say a mass for the loss of her husband who died tragically. Sometimes things were trying for Mrs. Foley and later becomming a single mother myself, I know understand what she went through.
So in the dream first Mrs. Foley said Jinny wasn't doing well. She was worried about her. Then she went into something unrelated and said, "Don't let Jinny sell anything that belongs to her brother." Then I was led to the attic. I looked around hoping that she would show me what she meant. I saw a plastic see-through container of mens clothes. They must be Jinny's brothers. See, last I knew Jinny lived in one of the two or more family homes they owned growing up so there was a good chance Jinny's brother's belongings were in the attic.
I got the impression that Mrs. Foley had some sort of heirloom that perhaps belonged to her deceased husband, and it was in with her son's clothing. That's the feeling I got.

Then I was peeking around down in the livingroom of Jinny's house. She had a stack of papers on the dusty side table. They had been there for some time. There was one paper there that had something to do with a doctors visit. The rest were receipts or what-have-you's.

I emailed Jinny the next day to ask her if any of this sounded familiar. I left out the part about the dust.

After that dream I dreamed of a neighbor of Jinny's, Mr. Brine. He was the father of a friend I also played with, Kimberly. They lived 3 or 4 houses down from Jinny. In real life, whenever I went to Mr. Brine's house to call for Kimberly he'd grab hold of my hair and pretend to CHOP it off. I feared those imaginary scissors. He always had them ready. I always hoped he wasnt' home whenever I went there. His wife was a regular Mrs. Cleaver, always wearing an apron with her hair curled and cropped short against her head. she watched The Guiding Light daily right after she let us watch Mr. Rogers. Kimberly had short reddish brown hair and freckles. We always had fun at her house, she had fun toys like one of those plastic sheets that turned into a plastic house after you fit it over a card table, so everything was great but her Dad was so uptight. So anyway, I had a quick moment in a dream with the long deceased Mr. Brine. We were sitting at a round table in a public dining area. He was sitting to my right, it was just the two of us. I asked him how Kimberly was and he said, with his short crew cut and glasses, such a clean look "Kimberly is not doing well." I figured she probably was really doing well. I figured that his expectations were just plain too high.


Anyway, back to Jinny. I sent her a note and asked her if any of this dream of mine made sense. I'm waiting to hear back from her. I have no idea where Kim Brine lives or what she is doing right now but hopefully she's not still trying to live up to her deceased fathers expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment