Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Sales Agent, the Medaglias

I remember sitting outdoors and glancing into a Salesman's laptop, he was trying to sell me something. He never set out to sell me Real Estate, that I know, yet on the slides were maps of places for sale and one caught my eye. It was Florida Massachusetts. Yes there is a town called Florida in Massachusetts. It was a topical map, the kind where circular lines, and the lines were outlining an island. I kept thinking how my husband would love it there--he could fish and I could hike. Suddenly I remembered another dream where I hiked out of this same place, I had to hike for a long long time but it was worth it because it was beautiful and peaceful.
I neglected as of yet to tell you the Salesman was a very good looking man. He looked like a TV movie actor, I guess I'd have to google him to find his name, but he leaned toward me, and I'm not sure if this was a tactic, but he whispered into my ear "you like me a lot, I know you do!" I thought, oh yes, yes i do like you. Apparently this salesman got around a lot because out of almost nowhere came his young daughter who obviously knew of her fathers straying ways because she gave him a not so subtle reminder "Dad, why are you right up against that lady's ear?" But he didn't seem to care.
The Salesman told me he also had a son who was a musician, and I assume a backup musician, for the Allman brothers. It seemed out of place that his son would be in a Southern band because the guy was more of a white colar Northeastern kind of GQ guy, but nevertheless, I knew his son wanted him to come out and watch him one day. I felt kindof bad.
Skip ahead and suddenly I was talking to Joyce M. on the phone. I told her that her son, Jimmy, was coincidentally, also in the Allman Brothers band as a backup musician and he needed HIS father to come and see HIM also. So I ended up at a ticket counter with Big John, her ex husband and Jimmy's father. The weird part was I was travelling with my old blue custom van. I got my ticket and John's ticket, they were 50 bucks apeice. I couldn't afford it and had no idea why I was doing this, I somehow felt like a good samaritan. John expressed that he felt more in control if he drove his truck but I told him I felt the same way and we'd have to take my van, especially after the fact that he mentioned that the show was an hours drive. Then I told him i maintained my vehicle well and it would be safer. I looked at the tickets, the seats began with RO, which I thought meant ROOF.
Then I did the math. The tickets, the time. Shoot I had to drive an hour, go to a show that probably didn't get out until 11 pm, then I would have to drive him home and then drive myself home. We hopped into my van. I hoped it worked as I remembered I hadn't used it in over 10 years, and actually I never did maintain it well, that was a lie. I looked at the gas, it was on EMPTY. Suddenly the gas shot up to FULL and the meter turned RED. I realized I was driving from the back seat but seemed to be doing well. I told John, that when we reached a stop light I'd hop into the drivers seat and he could join me in the passenger seat but he seemed to want to sit in the back seat.
I told him we had to make a quick stop. The salesman had left me a message asking me for a date, so I had his phone number, now I could track his address. I had to stop at his house and convince him to go and see the show not having any idea how he'd get tickets near us, but I knew his son would be happy to know he went to the show too. So now I'm at his house, he made a sexual advance and declined going to the show. He said he had no car and I told him well that's why you should go, I have a car and I can bring you. but he still declined. Then his wife who appeared on the couch had a small conversation with me. I wondered if she knew what a snake her husband was.
Then John and I left for the show. The seats were way up high.

No comments:

Post a Comment