Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Letters

Tuesday night I dreamed of two separate letters in two separate incidences.
The first dream was highly spiritual, perhaps one of the closest ones I've had with God. I was awoken by a terrible cough and perhaps that is why I remember it so well. I was standing in an isle between the first set of pews and the second. God went by my on my left, or at least a bright ghostly figure that I considered undoubtedly to be Him. He placed a 10 x 6 inch letter on the top of a post at the right corner of the second set of pews. It was glowing with the light of God. It was a letter regarding how one should behave in a relationship.

The second letter was written by Andrew Scrap Livingston, the bassist for Mike Doughty. Scrap was irked and wrote things like 'you did this to me and that to me and treated me so badly'. I assumed he was writing to Mike. The paper was translucent, it was real paper, not computer paper. I didn't see the letters clearlyl in fact they were a blur and the words were made up in my dreamstate imagination.
I told my husband of this dream at 3 am when I was shivering from the fan breeze on a hot summers eve, the fan breeze made me sweat. I told him the dreams again at 5 am when we awoke.
Later in the day I noticed Scrap had written on his blog earlier at 6 am, long after I had the dream. He wrote he was going to play with Mike that evening and also he was going to write a letter to the city about the taxi cabs, he wrote 'two separate incidences!' He wrote back to me that is was weird and strange and awesome!

Later Mike Doughty posted a picture of the parking lot he and Scrap performed in, as a matter of fact Mike spoke quite a bit about the parking lot.
I wonder, yet I'm almost sure, that Mike may have remembered a dream I had many years ago. I walked down a grassy road to see him perform in a parking lot.
Strange place to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment