Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Germany and Poland

So I did a little searching on ancestry.com after finding Martin Sagan and spouse Roze Golownia was in my tree. This info draws me close to the Ghettos of Poland. I came across some docs with the name Von Sagan, which is what we heard the Segien name was, of course until recently I thought it was Von Segien. So I ended up last night traveling through the streets of what seemed like Germany, it could have been Poland, either way it was in Europe in WWII. The streets were trenches for people to walk through so they'd be subsurface and go undetected--you could only see the tops of their heads. I ended up with my family, a family I was unfamiliar with, in a vacant home where we would rest, eat, sleep. The yard was mostly dirt and the house was all dark wood, but clean. Then the woman who lived there showed up outside, she was talking to my sister who showed up in the dream with pink pajama bottoms, I was under the impression she had been killed and that's why we occupied her house, but apparently she wasn't, but she didn't interfere with our stay because I think my sister warded her away, yet her presence just made me feel uncomfortable. The next day she was dead . Suddenly I was supposed to marry a man who was a survivor in the area and I agreed I would surely marry him although I didn't love him. People bonded quickly during the war. The next day, he too was blown to bits. I stood over his body parts trying to determine just what I would do next.
Suddenly I was in a restaurant in another odd dream which I barely remember.
So this all brings me back to a most important dream. I had it a few years back, perhaps in 2007. It went like this:
I was in the forest. My relatives, I called them Uncles or Cousins of my great-grandfather Kasimir who came to the US in 1905 were there, relatives he left behind in Vilna. They helped the Jews by supplying wood for underground bunkers in the forest in order to hide from the Nazis. Because of that they were going to be in the hall of Saints. At the time of this dream I knew nothing about Vilna, I had no idea there was even a forest there, I didn't know it was adjacent to Belarus and I didn't know about the other ghettos surrounding the forest. I only knew Vila was a 'bohemian artist town predominantly Jewish.'
The next day in real life I took my mother to Target in Watertown. I discussed the dream with her. As we were getting out of the car she said 'Do you think we're Jewish?' I said I did not know the answer to that but it sure did seem that way.
We walked into Target and I walked into the first section of clothing as I was drawn there and instantly there was a shiney gold coin on the floor so I picked it up. It was so shiney it was almost surreal. It had a 10 on one side and a menorrah on the other. I held it up to my mother, my eyes wide open, I said HERE"S OUR ANSWER! When I got it home I found out it was a Sheckel.
Later I had another dream of walking into a house and I saw something on the doorway and I actually heard the word "Mezuzah". I looked it up when I woke up, it is a prayer scroll the Jews hang on thier doorways to remind them to keep Yahweh or G-D with them at all times.
A year went by and a movie trailer was on TV. It was about the Jews hiding in the woods of Belarus. They came from all the little ghettos around Belarus, Vilna, Lida, etc. They used wood to make underground bunkers to hide from the Jews.
They said they kept this movie the best kept secret, no one heard about it. It was filmed in the village of Vilna, where my great grandfather was born. I just found out his uncle lived in Lida.
I went to the movie. In the first scene someone walked through a doorway. There on the wall was a Mezuzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment