Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In The Wee Slumbering Hours of Palm Sunday

In the wee hours of Palm Sunday, which I didn't know was Palm Sunday--I actually thought the 17th was Easter, I dreamed a very spritual dream. I was at a house where both my division Manager and a co-worker were there also, it seemed to be a party--well anyway, the part I remember most: I was walking behind the house, up a set of wooden stairs into a screened in porch. I walked past a little girl. I had in my hand a thick soft white cloth with what seemed like a fetus wrapped in it, but it was supposed to have been Jesus. Not baby Jesus, but a dead crucified Jesus only the size of a fetus, couldn't have been more than a foot in length. As I was walking up the stairs the little girls voice from behind me said very clearly "Jesus was wrapped between TWO sheets!" That startled me because the Jesus I was holding was wrapped in one, at least that's what I figured. I placed the corpse into a small wooden box which I knew was his tomb. The box itself was small, even a tad bit smaller than the corpse but I made it fit, then I closed the box with it's cover.
When I awoke, I knew I should go to church since I missed it the week before and I knew it was within the Easter season, so I got up, went foodshopping, came home and got ready for church. When I arrived at church everyone was congregating outside with palms as they were the first day I attended St. Matthias 3 years ago. We marched in the procession, went inside, and rather than the sermon there was a 3 page narration of some bible story ending with Jesus going to the tomb. It stated that Joseph wrapped him in cloth and placed him in the tomb.
I later asked my husband about the ancient burial ways, and he stated that they used two sheets and sewed them together so now I am spending a bit of time researching this piece of information. I'm reading Mark 15 and it simply states Jesus was wrapped in linen. I'll need to look into it just a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment