Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Mike Doughty Dream

I haven't been able to remember any of my Mike dreams lately until last night. I dreamed I was at his house in NY. He lived right on the main drag with a lot of action going on right across from his house. Nevertheless I was relaxing on his hammock. The hammock swung high like a swing in a swingset, swinging as high as the bar. I was about 35 feet in the air wondering if this was per usual for a hammock. Being a dream I convinced myself it must be! Then I ended up in bed and told Mike he could come and hug me. He needed a hug. I held his hand and noticed he had a large thumb that had a mind of it's own and didn't want to be part of the hand holding experience.
So after hugging he invited me to eat dinner with him, he would cook. He asked me to pass him the 'bermuda onions.' On a cutting board was a bunch of pre peeled onions and all of them had a hue of purple in them so I had to smell them. The sweetest smelling onion would be the bermuda. After choosing the right one he told me good job and said I was 'getting it!'
Then his Dad passed by the room we were in. I was sort of hiding because I was naked and watched he and his Dad have a conversation. His Dad was in army garb. He was tall and looked a bit like Mike.
Then I remembered that Mike painted 5 dots of red in fingernail polish into the line between my breast and down toward my belly. The red dots were like the dots the people in India put on their foreheads, but in fingernail polish? Weird.
Anyway, in this dream began a friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment